Thursday, December 23, 2010

How December 25th Became Christmas

I will be taking a break for the next two weeks from the Tithing series. It will crank back up in 2011 with a review of the Malachi curse, tithing in the New Testament, how giving replaced tithing in the early church, and lastly I will deal with objections from those that support Christian tithing.

I saw this article on the Apologetics315 blog, and thought that I too would share it. Being raised a Jehovah's Witness, I never celebrated Christmas. During that time I was subjected to year after year of silly and sad arguments about the impropriety of Christians taking over a pagan festival (I won't call them holidays, since nothing holy was done during their celebration).


With no further delay the article I reference was originally posted on the Biblical Archeology Review website. I hope that you will be blessed as much as I was.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment